One of the main functions of the FCCP is to encourage interdisciplinary studies among the various professions. However, this is not the sole mandate of the FCCP. The FCCP is also actively involved in the following:
- To promote equity and access for Chinese Canadian professionals;
- To provide for and encourage interdisciplinary exchange among the professions;
- To recognize and affirm Chinese heritage;
- To serve as a voice on matters of concern to Chinese Canadians professionals;
- To bring together and unite Chinese Canadians of diverse professional backgrounds; and
- To promote the contributions of Chinese Canadian professionals to Canadian society.